Answered By: Jillian Silverberg Last Updated: Aug 18, 2021 Views: 1
To import references from EndNote into New RefWorks, you must first export the references as an RIS file. These instructions will walk you through the process. Note: The following instructions apply to EndNote version 8 and later:
1. Open EndNote on your computer. Select File > Output styles > Open Style Manager from the dropdown menu.
2. Select 'RefMan (RIS) Export' for the output style (Note: if the RIS format is not found, open the Style Manager and check 'RefMan' format. Close the Style Manager and repeat the step.)
3. Select the references the references you wish to export.
4. Go to File > Export and save the file, making sure the output styles field is set to “RefMan (RIS) Export”.
5. Sign into your New RefWorks account OR create an account if you haven't done so already.
- Before importing your references from EndNote, consider creating a new folder called 'EndNote import' or 'EndNote Library' to avoid any any confusion as to what you have imported.
6. In RefWorks, select the Add a Reference icon (+). Select the Import References option.
7. Drop or select the saved file into RefWorks. The files will be imported into your RefWorks account.
- If you created a folder for your EndNote references, you will have the option to select that folder to be the location where the files will be stored.