Answered By: Jillian Silverberg Last Updated: Jul 21, 2021 Views: 5
There are two ways to create a folder in New RefWorks:
- From the left side menu titled "My Folders"
- From the folder icon labeled "Assign to Folder", found in the top toolbar.
This FAQ will walk you through both methods.
Creating a folder via My Folders
1. From the left side menu, select "My Folders. Then, select "Add Folder" to create a new folder.
2. A box will appear asking your to name your new folder. Click "Save" when you are done.
- You can rename a folder at anytime by using the folder's options menu. To view this menu, select the three dots that appear next to the folder's name
3. Once you have created your new folder, you will find it listed in the My Folders menu
Creating a folder via "Assign to Folder"
An alternative way to create a folder is by using the "Assign to Folder" option when viewing a reference.
1. Select the reference you wish to move into a new folder. Note: References can be stored in multiple folders at a time.
2. Once you have selected the reference, the "Assign to Folder" icon in the top toolbar will become active.
3. Select "Assign to Folder". At the bottom of the menu there is an option to create a new folder (+Create).
4. Similar to creating a folder from the left side menu, you will be prompted to name for your new folder.
5. After you have named your new folder, it will appear in your My Folders list. The reference that you assigned to that folder will automatically be added to the newly created folder.
To learn more about RefWorks, consult this guide: