Answered By: Rachel Lerner Last Updated: Jul 21, 2021 Views: 5
Creating a reference from a PDF in RefWorks (and thus automatically attaching a PDF to the record) has never been easier. This new feature in RefWorks greatly reduces the amount of time it takes to build your personal database of references!
In order to use this function, you must have the PDF already stored on your computer.
Do NOT use Safari or Internet Explorer for this process. It will not work.
2. Select the ADD (+) button on the left corner of the top toolbar. Select Upload Document.
3. Using the file navigator, find and select the article you wish to add to RefWorks.
4. Allow RefWorks to process the article.
5. Once the article has finished processing, it will appear as the first item in your RefWorks database. To edit the record and fill in any missing information, click once on the record to open the details pane on the right side of the screen. Tap the Edit (pencil) icon in the top right corner of the details screen and amend your record.
6. You may also wish to place the record into a folder.
7. To view the PDF of the article you uploaded, double click the record from the main list.
To learn more about RefWorks, consult this guide: