Answered By: Jillian Silverberg Last Updated: Jul 21, 2021 Views: 11
New RefWorks includes a number of built-in features that make manually adding references such as books or journal articles a snap. Follow the steps below.
To manually add a reference:
1. Login to your RefWorks account.
2. Hover your cursor over the +Add button (plus sign at the top left). Select Create New Reference.
3. Select the reference type that suits your needs. The available fields will change depending on your selection. In the example below, I selected Journal Article as my reference type.
Enter the title of the reference. To the right of the box, select the blue Locate button . RefWorks will display possible matches at the bottom of the pane. If you select one, RefWorks will fill in the remaining fields with the appropriate bibliographic information. You can also use the locate button with a DOI.
Alternatively, you can manually add the required reference information.
Regardless of the method you choose, be sure to verify that the information is correct. Check dates, editions (if the reference is a book), volume and issue numbers (if it is a journal article), and URLs.
5. You can select Add more fields to add additional fields to the reference.
6. When you are done, select Save.
To learn more about RefWorks, consult this guide: