Answered By: Jillian Silverberg Last Updated: Jul 15, 2021 Views: 0
You can set up alerts in Scopus and have the results e-mailed to you through your free Elsevier account.
Access Scopus through the Netter Library by clicking the link listed in the Top Resources box.
1. Sign-in to an existing Elsevier account or click on Create account. The create account/sign-in options are available at the top right of the Scopus database search page.
2. Perform the search for which you would like to set up an alert.
3. Click Set alert which appears near the top of the search results page.
4. Select your settings for the alert. Besides your email, you can also enter additional email addresses as well. Be sure to separate multiple email addresses with a semicolon, comma or space. You also can edit the original search if there are additional terms that you'd like to include, or if there are terms that you'd like to remove.
5. Verify that the status of the alert is Active. Click Set alert to finish the process.
If you want to view your alerts, you can click on your account icon, located on the right side of the page. Select Alerts from the available menu options.
On the next screen, you can view all of the alerts that you have created. Here, you can edit the frequency and the current list of recipient emails. You can also update the search. Lastly, you can de-activate the alert if needed.