Answered By: Rachel Lerner Last Updated: Aug 05, 2021 Views: 161
You can embed a JoVE video into Blackboard in one of two ways:
1. Submit a request through the library reference queue and one of librarians will send you permalinks to use in Blackboard. This will result in a link that the students click; they will be redirected to the appropriate video in the JoVE database.
2. You may embed the video directly into Blackboard if you create a Jove Account. This will result in the video opening within Blackboard, complete with transcript. Instructions for this option are below:
Create a JOVE account
1. Navigate to the JOVE website
2. In the top right corner, click LOGIN
3. Choose Create an Account
4. Follow the directions for signing up for an account. Make sure to use your full Quinnipiac email address. Verify your login via the link that is sent over email.
Embed your video.
1. In Blackboard, navigate to the module into which you would like to place the video. In the Build Content menu, choose JoVE.
2. Once the Jove option launches, first select the Content Type. Then select ChooseField of Study. Then select whatever content block you wish to embed.
3. Select the content you want added by clicking the blue link. You can preview items by clicking the green Watch Video links. Selected content will appear at the bottom of the page. Click Submit when you are ready.
4. The video will appear in the module as a line item.
5. When the student clicks the link, it will launch the video within blackboard, complete with transcript.