Answered By: Rachel Lerner Last Updated: Jul 29, 2021 Views: 15
RefWorks for Google Docs is a plugin that lets you run a simplified version of RefWorks inside of Google Docs. RefWorks for Google Docs enables you to access and cite your references while working in Google Docs.
- Provides read-only access to your RefWorks account, enabling you to view and insert your previously collated references into your document, formatted using previously defined citation styles.
- Add inline citations. Adding a citation also adds a bibliography to the end of the document. As you add or remove references, the plugin automatically updates the bibliography.
- When you share your document with another user who is using RefWorks for Google Docs, they can edit and delete any RefWorks references in the document and can add their own references to the document.
- Every time you log into RefWorks for Google Docs, it automatically synchronizes with your RefWorks account.
Installing RefWorks for Google Docs
1. Open a blank document and select Add-ons > Get Add-ons and search for RefWorks.
2. Select the app, ProQuest RefWorks
3. Select Install.
4. Select Continue.
5. Once the app is installed, select Add-ons > ProQuest RefWorks > Manage Citations. This will open the RefWorks tool bar on the right side.
6. Log in to your New RefWorks account in the right-side tool bar. Once you are logged in, you will see your references on in the tool bar. You are ready to use the RefWorks Citation Manager for Google!
To set the citation style, select Change citation style in the configuration menu, select a citation style, and select Update. Every time you perform this action, all citations and the bibliography will be updated to the new style.
To learn more about RefWorks, consult this guide: