Answered By: Jillian Silverberg Last Updated: Jul 26, 2022 Views: 24
Although there is no direct method for importing books from the QU Catalog into New RefWorks, all of the library's books can be found in OneSearch, and you CAN directly import references from OneSearch.
Importing references from OneSearch into New RefWorks is very easy. You can complete the process in just a few simple steps!
Part 1: Searching for items in OneSearch
1. Open OneSearch and run a search. You may wish to narrow your results to Book/eBook using the Content Type filter on the left side of the page.
2. On the results page, locate the reference you wish to export to RefWorks.
3. To the right of the reference, you will see the three dots icon (...). Clicking this will open a menu with more options, including those for exporting references.
4. Select RefWorks from the list.
Part 2: Importing references to New RefWorks
1. A new window will open asking if you wish to continue the import process. Click the blue button that says Yes, export to the newest version of RefWorks.
1. RefWorks will open. You may need to sign into your account if you have not done so previously.
2. Before completing the process, you will have the option to designate where you want to save the reference. You can select a specific Project. You can also assign the reference to a folder within that Project. When ready, click Import.
3. The page will refresh and will confirm that the import process is complete
To learn more about RefWorks, consult this guide: