Answered By: Jillian Silverberg Last Updated: Jul 22, 2021 Views: 5
Importing references from Access Medicine to New RefWorks can be completed in just a few short steps!
Part 1: Downloading your citations from Access Medicine
1. Open Access Medicine.
2. Select a textbook and then the specific chapter you wish to cite.
3. Click Get Citation from the menu options that appear directly under the chapter's bibliographic information, found towards the top of the page.
4. A window will open with the chapter's citation information. Directly below, you will see different format options for downloading the citation file. Select RefWorks from this list.
5. A file will automatically download to your computer. It will be a .txt file.
Part 2: Importing citations into New RefWorks
1. Open New RefWorks.
2. Click +Add from the top left toolbar.
3. Select Import References.
1. In the Import from a file space, drag or select the .txt file from Access Medicine into the Import from a file space. If you cannot find the file in your downloads, try searching by file type (.txt).
2. A new window will appear titled What is the format of this file? The file that you had selected will be listed, along with its file size.
3. For format, RefWorks will identify the file as RefWorks Tagged Format.
4. When ready, click Import. Your file will be added to your RefWorks library.
To learn more about RefWorks, consult this guide: