Answered By: Jillian Silverberg Last Updated: Jul 22, 2021 Views: 4
Importing citations from EBSCO databases into NEW RefWorks is an easy process:
1. Open NEW RefWorks and login. You must search the database in the same browser (Safari, Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc.) in which you have RefWorks open.
2. Perform your search.
3. Add the items you wish to export to your folder. There are two possible options for adding references to the a folder. You can see both in the images below.
Note: If you are not using the folder and are just exporting a single record, skip to step 6.
4. When you are ready to export all items, navigate to your folder. (It can be found on the right side of the screen - see image below).
5. Select the items you wish to export. If you select none, all items in the folder will be exported.
6. On the right side of the screen, click the "Export" icon.
7. Choose the "Direct Export to RefWorks" option. Click "Save".
8. The browser will open a new tab, prompting you to select a version of RefWorks. Be sure to select the option that reads "Yes, export to the newest version of RefWorks".
9. RefWorks will open.
10. You will be asked to confirm the action. You can "Select a different Project" if you'd like to designate where the items will be stored,
11. When ready, click Continue to complete the import process.
12. References will be located in the Last Imported folder.
To learn more about RefWorks, consult this guide: