Answered By: Jillian Silverberg Last Updated: Jul 21, 2021 Views: 10
Sharing folders in the new RefWorks has never been easier! You can share folders with specific users and view folders of references that have been shared with you.
Note: If you want to edit or export or export references that have been shared with you, you must first copy them to your own reference folders.
1. On the left-side navigation bar, select My Folders and locate the folder that you wish to share. Click into (select) the folder.
2. Select the three dots that appear to the right of the folder once you view it. Select Share Folder from the options menu
3. Adjust your share settings as needed.
- If you want to create a public folder, select Create Public URL
- If you want to create a shared folder that is private, you can enter the email addresses of those who you are sharing the folder with
- Be sure to adjust the access options
- Read -- view references and read attachments (if included)
- Annotate -- view references, read attachments, and annotate documents
- Modify -- view/read/annotate documents, edit existing annotations, add attachments, remove attachments, and add a note to a reference
4. When you are ready to share the folder, click Done. An invitation with a private URL will be sent to those who you are sharing the folder with
To unshare a folder, select Unshare Folder on the Sharing Settings dialog box. Then select Yes in the confirmation box.
To learn more about RefWorks, consult this guide: