Answered By: Rachel Lerner Last Updated: Jul 20, 2021 Views: 15
Importing citations from Scopus into New RefWorks is an easy process:
1. Open new RefWorks and login. Note: You must search the database in the same type of browser (Safari, Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc.) in which you are logged into RefWorks.
2. Perform your search within Scopus.
3. Select the items you wish to export. You may add these items to your List (a temporary holding spot within Scopus) first, and export them all at once at the end of your search session (PLEASE NOTE: they will not save once you close your browser), or you can export them individually.
Either process will follow these basic steps:
- Select the items you wish to export (This is a very important step!).
- Click the Export button at the top of your search results. If you select none, all items in the results list will be exported.
- Select RefWorks as your method of export.
- Click Export at the bottom right corner of the pop-out screen.
- Select Yes, export to the newest version of RefWorks
- The browser will open a new tab that will confirm that your items have been downloaded into RefWorks.
To learn more about RefWorks, consult this guide: