Answered By: Rachel Lerner Last Updated: Aug 06, 2014 Views: 24
Deleting items from a folder in RefWorks is simple.
1. Login to your RefWorks account.
2. Navigate to the folder from which you would like to remove references. You must be inside to folder in order to remove the references from the folder. (Note that the example folder, "newer folder" currently has 10 items in it.)
3. Select the items you wish to remove from the folder by clicking on the box to the left of the reference ID number. You will know that you are inside the folder by looking at the breadcrumb navigation above the citations. The folder name should appear after "references."
4. Once the items you wish to remove are selected, click on the folder with a red circle with a minus sign in it. This icon will be located in the navigation bar just above the actual references. DO NOT click on the red X to the right of each article title. This will remove the item from your system completely.
5. You will receive a confirmation that the items have been removed in the bottom right corner of the window. You will also notice that the number of items in the folder will change on the left hand navigation bar. (Notice that the test folder "newer folder" has changed to 4 items.)
For more information on RefWorks, please consult this guide: http://libraryguides.quinnipiac.edu/NetterRefworks