Answered By: Rachel Lerner Last Updated: Aug 06, 2014 Views: 145
To share your Refworks database or a specific folder, first LOGIN to your RefWorks account.
1. Click on the "Organize and Share Folders" tab.
2. To the left of all your folder names, you will see an icon of a folder with an arrow in front of it. Click the folder icon of folder you would like to share. If you would like to share your entire database, click the folder icon in the first row.
3. Once you click on the desired folder icon, a screen will pop up asking if you are sure you want to share. You are sure.
4. Title your shared item (1)
5. Copy the URL. You will need this to do the actual sharing. This is the URL that you will email whomever you wish to view your items. You can always come back and get the URL later by clicking on the icon again and choosing "share options." (2)
6. Save. (3)
7. Click out of the window. (4)
8. You will now notice that the folders you have shared have different icons. A strange person will be sitting in the folders that have been shared.
9. Email the link to your classmates with whom you wish to share your references.
To learn more about RefWorks, consult this guide: http://libraryguides.quinnipiac.edu/NetterRefworks