Answered By: Jessica Kilham Last Updated: Aug 06, 2014 Views: 6
Data in your RefWorks account is stored on secure servers. The Back-up and Restore option is primarily designed for users who plan to migrate their account to a new institution or personal account.
Part 1: Backup
1. Go to Tools on the Refworks toolbar and select Backup and Restore
2. Under BACKUP in the pop-up window, select what information you would like backed-up
3. In the lower right side, select
4. Name and save file--NOTE: this file is not viewable, it is only used to restore a RefWorks account
Part 2: Restore
1. In your RefWorks account, go to Tools on the Refworks toolbar and select Backup and Restore
2. Under Restore in the pop-up window, select what information you would like restored
3. Attach the back-up file
4. In the lower right side, select Perform Restore-- NOTE: this process restores the account to file.